In 1987, Willie Batson founded Family Builders Ministries as an outreach and educational tool for churches and conference centers in the building of healthy Christ-centered marriages and families. Based in New England, our seminars, conferences, workshops, and retreats have been held in the Untied States, Canada, and Bermuda.
Family Builders Ministries was incorporated into the ministry of Vision New England in 1994 and Willie joined the Vision New England staff as the Family Builders Ministries’ Director. During this period of time, he became known regionally and nationally as someone who cares deeply about the success of Christian marriages and families.
In October 2006, Family Builders Ministries became a non-profit religious corporation chartered by the State of Maine and is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service of the United States of America. Working with a Board of Directors, Willie served as the President of the organization until his retirement on June 30, 2017.
Jere Vincent was appointed as our new President and continues leading Family Builders Ministries in serving couples, families, and churches who want to build strong, healthy, and lasting relationships.
- Our PURPOSE is to transform hearts and homes through Jesus Christ.
- Our PASSION is to serve Jesus Christ by equipping people for great marriages and families from generation to generation.
- Our VISION is to see every married couple and every parent living in authentic, healthy relationships as a means of transforming hearts and homes.
- Our MISSION is to provide opportunities and tools that couples, parents, and those who minister to them can use in building great marriages and families from generation to generation.
Our Core Values of Ministry
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as our head and submit ourselves and all our activities to His will.
- We support the Church as God’s primary institution for sharing with this world the love of God and the message of salvation from sins only in Jesus Christ.
- We acknowledge that the institution of marriage is intended by God to be a permanent, lifelong relationship between a man and a woman, regardless of trials, sickness, financial reverses or emotional stresses that may ensue.
- We believe the family, as designed by God, is one of God’s primary means to perpetuate the Christian faith from generation to generation.
- We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand making us accountable to Him for shaping them for a life of service to Christ’s Kingdom.
- We will engage in only those fundraising activities that are consistent with Biblical values and our philosophy of ministry. We have an obligation to spend donor monies conservatively and wisely in continuing this ministry.
- We are committed to being truthful, accountable, and forthright in all that we do.
- We will constantly evaluate our approaches to marriage and family ministry, seeking maximum ministry effectiveness in the accomplishment of our God-given mission.
Our Board of Directors
Jere Vincent, President and Chairman
Scott Keith, Secretary
Jack Richardson, Treasurer
Other Team Members:
David McKiel – Accountant
Suzan Michaud – Database/Donor Services
Stephen Whiting – Corporate Clerk & Legal Counsel