stronger together marriage getaway
Nearly every marriage will experience the serious illness of one of the spouses. When that happens, roles change, responsibilities shift, and the relationship absorbs the blows. Every couple affected by a chronic illness can benefit from a time away to refocus on their relationship.
The Stronger Together Marriage Getaway is not an intensive weekend of counseling. This isn’t your typical work-all-day workshop-then-go-home-exhausted experience. It’s a romantic getaway to recharge your batteries and re-ignite passion and purpose in your marriage relationship! It is a time away with the one you love where you can spend intimate time together as a couple, as well as engage in relevant discussions with other couples affected by a chronic illness or disability. We have purposely limited this event to 15 couples in order to create an informal, relaxing atmosphere of learning and encouragement.
Guided by our host couple, Willie and Cindy Batson, who have been married for 44 years, you will learn how you can…
- Handle the grief, anger, and guilt that can invade your marriage
- Protect your love life under difficult circumstances
- Work together as a team in living out your marriage vows in sickness and in health
- Take risks to be more honest and open with each other
- Refocus on what really matters in your marriage
- Build a stronger spiritual dimension in your relationship
Comments from previous getaway participants…
“It was an amazing weekend. We have learned so much. Very inspirational and the perfect number of sessions and free time. You treated us like royalty.”
“The weekend was well-designed and affordable. It was spiritually uplifting and marriage saving. Nothing but praise for this whole weekend.”
“This was the first time we have ever attended a marriage seminar. This was awesome. Thank you so much.”
- Early Registration by March 4 – $159 per couple
- Regular Registration after March 4 – $199 per couple
- Attendance is limited to the first 15 couples who register.
- What is included in the registration fee?
- All programs and resource materials
- Two nights lodging at the coastal Maine Hampton Inn & Suites in Wells/Ogunquit, Maine. (Handicap accessible rooms are limited. Please register early for these rooms.)
- Welcome reception on Friday night, delicious hot breakfast each morning, buffet lunch on Saturday, and snack breaks throughout the weekend.
- Does it really cost only that much for the whole weekend? Yes! Due to the generosity of our donors and a foundation grant, we can offer the Stronger Together Marriage Getaway for much less than what it would normally cost. Once you arrive at the hotel, the only expense you have will be your Saturday night meal, and any other non-conference expenses such as shopping and other incidentals. If any couple has problems with the registration fee, please call Jere Vincent at 603-692-4895 to discuss some possible options.
- Refund Policy: Your registration fee is non-refundable after March 11, 2017. Until that time we will refund your registration fee, less a $25.00 administrative fee. We realize that circumstances related to your health may arise that would prevent you from attending. We will try to work with you on that to the best of our ability. We do make financial obligations to the hotel for rooms and food based on the number of couples registered that are usually non-refundable after a certain date. Thank you for your understanding.
|3:00 p.m.||Hotel Check-in Begins|
|7:00||Conference Check-in and Welcome Reception|
|7:30||Session #1 – “Thriving in Your Chronic Illness Marriage”|
|7:00 a.m.||Breakfast (served in the hotel Dining/Common Room until 9:30 a.m.)|
|9:30||Session #2 – “Your Decision-Making Mindset”|
|11:00||Session #3 – “The Dance that Destroys Relationships”|
|1:30||Session #4 – “How to Build Resilience in Your Marriage”|
|2:30||Free Time – There is no scheduled program for Saturday night. We encourage you to plan a relaxing time together, including a romantic dinner at an area restaurant (suggestions will be provided).|
|7:00 a.m.||Breakfast (served in the hotel Dining/Common Room until 9:30 a.m.)
|9:30||Session #5 – “Do Good in Your Chronic Illness Marriage”|
|11:00||Worship and Celebration Time|
|12:00 p.m.||Conference Ends|
Schedule is subject to adjustments.
Willie and Cindy Batson have been married since 1972, are the parents of two married daughters, and have five grandchildren. Cindy was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis more than 25 years ago.
Willie is the Founder/President of Family Builders Ministries, a New England-based non-profit organization with an international outreach. Cindy and Willie enjoy coaching couples preparing for marriage, maximizing their marriage, or repairing their marriage.
Willie’s first book, Tools for a Great Marriage, was published in 2008 and is now in its third printing. He recently published his second book, Tools for Great Marriage Devotional. The Batsons are also working on a book specifically for couples affected by a chronic illness or disability in their marriages. Read more about the Batsons here…
Jere Vincent, MDiv – Executive Director, Family Builders Ministries
Jere Vincent communicates with passion and commitment. He has experience in the worlds of higher education and ministry. Jere has over 20 years of church ministry and leadership experience in marriage and family ministries.
In late 2015 he became the Executive Director of Family Builders Ministries. He has been a long-time friend and supporter of the ministry, having served as Chairperson of the Family Builders Board of Directors since 2006.
Jere is a graduate of Trinity Seminary and the University of New Hampshire. He and his wife, Brenda, have two daughters and live in Durham, New Hampshire. Jere and Brenda are active marriage mentors in their local church, sharing their lives with couples preparing for marriage and those going through challenging seasons.
900 Post Road
Wells, Maine, 04090
Located on the southern coast of Maine, the hotel is just ten minutes from downtown Ogunquit and 15 minutes from the quaint village of Kennebunkport. The hotel has an indoor pool and fitness center.