stronger together connect online
An Online Seminar for Couples Affected by a Chronic Illness or Disability
September 24, 2016 ~ 10:00 am – 12:00 noon (EDT)
Everything changes when a chronic illness or disability enters a marriage.
Everything changes when a chronic illness or disability enters a
marriage – ideas of “quality” time, the way spouses communicate, what they communicate about, their thoughts of equality or shared responsibilities, how they spend their time and money.
Every aspect of the marriage may be impacted by the long-term illness of one of the spouses. The stress of a chronic illness can be challenging to a marriage, even when two people have been deeply in love for decades.
Family Builders Ministries wants to help couples in chronic illness marriages build stronger marriages. Our Stronger Together CONNECT Online is an opportunity for couples to improve their relationship skills and connect with other couples who are on this unique journey. We invite you to join us for an informal and interactive experience that celebrates the joys of marriage, is realistic about the difficulties, and values the promises made to each other.
who should attend?
- Couples with one or both spouses diagnosed with a chronic illness and/or disability.
- Couples with a child having a chronic illness or disability and want to keep their marriage strong and healthy.
- Any couple who wants to protect their marriage from the negative effects of a chronic illness or the aging process.
- Marriage mentors, counselors, pastors, and others who want to learn more about helping couples with a chronic illness.
- Individuals and couples who find themselves thinking, “This is more than I bargained for!”
- We are able to offer this unique experience without charge because of a foundation grant and the generous support of our Family Builders’ partners. When you register you will have the option to make a donation to help us continue providing valuable resources to couples in various seasons of marriage.
|9:45 a.m.||Early Sign-in|
|10:00||“Survival Guide for the Chronic Illness Marriage”|
|11:05||“Stress in the Chronic Illness Marriage”|
Schedule is subject to adjustments.
Willie Batson, MA – President, Family Builders Ministries
Willie and Cindy Batson have been married since 1972, are the parents of two married daughters, and have five grandchildren. Cindy was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis more than 25 years ago.
Willie is the Founder/President of Family Builders Ministries, a New England-based non-profit organization with an international outreach. Every week finds Cindy and Willie coaching couples preparing for marriage, maximizing their marriage, or repairing their marriage.
Willie’s first book, Tools for a Great Marriage, was published in 2008 and is now in its third printing. He recently published another book in the “Tools” series, Tools for a Great Marriage DEVOTIONAL. Read more about the Batsons here…
Jere Vincent, MDiv – Executive Director, Family Builders Ministries
Jere Vincent communicates with passion and commitment. He has experience in the worlds of higher education and ministry. Jere has over 20 years of church ministry and leadership experience in marriage and family ministries.
In late 2015 he became the Executive Director of Family Builders Ministries. He has been a long-time friend and supporter of the ministry, having served as Chairperson of the Family Builders Board of Directors since 2006.
Jere is a graduate of Trinity Seminary and the University of New Hampshire. He and his wife, Brenda, have two daughters and live in Durham, New Hampshire. Jere and Brenda are active marriage mentors in their local church, sharing their lives with couples preparing for marriage and those going through challenging seasons.