Willie Batson is an engaging presenter who speaks nationally with authority on today’s family relationships. He inspires his audience with practical information that challenges couples and parents to work together through relational issues with a Christ-centered approach. Willie brings both humor and practical wisdom to his presentations. It is the exact right combination. His work genuinely reflects a calling from God in his life.
Willie is a native of Wilmington, North Carolina and has actively been involved in ministry since he was 16 years old. In 1972 he married his wife, Cindy (Carter), who is a native of Norwalk, Connecticut. They became forever friends while students at college. Cindy is trained in elementary education and spent 18 years in the special education field. They have two married daughters and five grandchildren.
Willie’s professional training and accomplishments include the following:
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology from Berkshire Christian College
- Master of Arts in Family Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Specialized training in the use of the following assessment tools: PREPARE/ENRICH, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, DISC Personal Profile, Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis
- Certified in the PREP Program
- Trainer for the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventories by Life Innovations, Inc.
- A charter member of the American Association of Christian Counselors
- An ordained pastor and has served churches in South Carolina, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Maine. Willie & Cindy are actively involved in mentoring couples and parents. They are members of Grace Community Church in Rochester, NH, where Willie leads the church’s marriage ministry. Every week finds Cindy and Willie coaching couples preparing for marriage, maximizing their marriage, or repairing their marriage.
- A published author, having written his first book, Tools for a Great Marriage, in 2008 and his second book, Tools for a Great Marriage DEVOTIONAL. It has enjoyed worldwide distribution and gain acclaim from readers and noted authors such as Dr. Gary Chapman (The Five Love Languages) and David & Claudia Arp (10 Great Dates series). Willie & Cindy are currently working on a second book specifically for couples dealing with a chronic illness or disability in their marriages. He has also had articles and columns published in such national publications as The AC Witness, Children’s Ministry Magazine (Group), and Living with Teenagers (LifeWay).
- Founded Family Builders Ministries, a non-profit faith-based organization, in March 1987. Working with a Board of Directors, Willie now serves as the President of the organization to continue leading it in serving couples, families, and churches who want to build strong, healthy, and lasting relationships.
“If you’re serious about building strong marriages and families, you will want to take advantage of all that Family Builders Ministries offer. Willie & Cindy Batson have a heart for God and a passion to help the local church make a difference in light of eternity through strengthening marriage and family relationships. We highly recommend this ministry to you.”
David & Claudia Arp, co-founders of Marriage Alive International and authors of the 10 Great Dates® series
“I met Willie Batson as he drove me to a conference in Worcester, MA more than 14 years ago. Before the ride was over, I realized that I had discovered a fellow marriage builder who has a desire to see marriages thrive and to see churches lead the way in marriage enrichment. The kind of practical help he has been providing to couples and churches is needed throughout our nation.”
Dr. Gary D. Chapman, international speaker and author of The 5 Love Languages and The 5 Languages of Apology